Key Roles & Responsibilities
– To identify and develop opportunities for increasing earnings from new and existing relationships.
– To undertake applications and reviews of facilities falling within the assigned customer portfolio for timely submission to the appropriate approving authorities. Approval to be obtained no later than two weeks prior to expiry of existing limits, unless exceptional circumstances exist.
– To monitor accounts in the assigned portfolio, by careful assessment of facility utilisation and in-depth account plan to ensure the bank is fully aware of a borrower’s financial position thus enabling early identification of difficulties with a view to minimising potential loss.
– To critically analyse new proposals so as to recommend only those which represent acceptable banking risks at reasonable return in strict compliance to Portfolio Standards,
– Assess the need for and the value of security and ensure all security documentation relating to the assigned portfolio is correct and properly held so as to fully protect the Bank’s position at all times.
– Undertake a planned programme to maintain regular contact and dialogue with existing customers, within the assigned portfolio, and to identify potential customers in pursuit of increased business. In this respect each prime customer is to be visited at his place of business a minimum of once per calendar quarter.
– To inspect all properties mortgaged to the Bank within the assigned portfolio at least annually and to update valuation at least every two years.
– To manage the assigned portfolio to avoid as far as is professionally practicable any provision requirement within one year of an account being placed on Early Alert (MS 12) status.
– To manage the portfolio so as to avoids any double step downgrade of an account.
– To identify, structure, implement and control rehabilitation or exit strategies for accounts which are or may be graded MS12. To identify accounts in other credit risk grades, which should prudently be dealt with, on an exit basis.
– To control, provide advice and guidance in respect of corporate credit matters to ARMs attached to the portfolio.
– To impart knowledge and experience to Junior Account Relationship Managers and Assistant Relationship Managers when called upon to do so.
– To assist Head of Origination & Client Coverage in the strategic corporate planning processes including preparation of annual budgets and control thereon.
– To ensure all relevant control and compliance circulars are adhered to; thus helping to ensure a robust control environment exists.
– Responsible for portfolio of large corporate and parastatals operating inOmanincluding their Cash Management needs.
Qualifications & Skills
– Sound and comprehensive analytical skills, Trade Services and Treasury product knowledge.
– Experience and general in-depth knowledge of our group’s various departments, subsidiaries products and services on a GLOBAL basis.
– Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers or equivalent.
– Familiarity with Personal Computers and PC lending packages is a significant advantage.
– Familiarity with the cross selling of Financial Derivatives along with a broad based credit-marketing skills.
– Good knowledge of local social structure and financial worth of prominent individuals and merchant houses, and the ability to “add value” to a customers’ businesses.
– A good knowledge of local business practices and the economic and legal structure of the country.
Visit the Huxley Associates website to find out more.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|