SR SOUS CHEF
Job Title: Sr Sous Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: June 2013
Approved By: CEO
• Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards. Assist Executive chef in achieving the common goal for the Kitchen Brigade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans menus for all food serving Café’s and catering events.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times. Lead by example for the team.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles. And most importantly to maintain consistency in the products produced across all kitchens.
• Develops standard recipes, costing and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
• Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Conduct & attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
• Consults with the Operations Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
• Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
• In conjunction with Executive Chef, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
• Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
• Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff. This need to be done and document to be maintained with the HR department.
• Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service line-ups and briefings on a daily basis. Update the service staff about the Display line up in the cafe, expiry of each product and update the team on the up-selling items from the kitchen.
• Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome customers.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• Inspect Walk-in chillers and other storage units to verify that the best practices are followed by the team.
• Monitor the wastage report on a daily basis and control the production of the items.
• Be a leader to all the kitchen staff despite their vertical of cusines and monitor their productivity.
|Job Location:||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Monthly Salary:||US $4,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||Australia; Canada; New Zealand; United States; South Africa|
|Degree:||Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma|