Accountable for overall success of the daily restaurant kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all restaurant kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Manages restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
* Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to restaurant kitchen personnel daily.
* Assists Executive Chef with all restaurant kitchen operations and preparation.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
* Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
* Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
* Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
* Performs all duties of restaurant kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
* Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
* Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
* Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Restaurant Operations
* Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
* Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
* Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Maintains the productivity level of employees.
* Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
* Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
* Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|