Job #: 131522
Title: Senior/Principal Investment Officer
Job Stream: Infrastructure
Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
Closing Date: 07/16/2013
Background / General description:
IFC’s Europe, Middle East, and North Africa Department is looking to hire a Principal/Senior Investment Officer (IO) to undertake business development and transaction processing in the EMENA region for the Regional Infrastructure and Natural Resources Department. The person’s primary sector focus will be power generation and distribution, water/waste water and solid waste utilities, and transport sectors. The person in this position will have a primary reporting line to the Infrastructure and Natural Resources New Business Manager based in Dubai.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Principal/Senior Investment Officer will be expected to play multiple and varied roles including: project leader of multidisciplinary teams; transaction leader or team member for projects led by other transaction leaders and mentor for less seasoned professionals. The primary responsibility of the Principal/Senior Investment Officer will be to source, identify and execute viable investment transactions across the EMENA region, which maximize development impact as well as profitability. He/she will also actively manage a number of assigned portfolio projects. The person will work in concert with colleagues in the region and in Washington DC. This work will include, but will not be limited to:
• Develop and execute a strategy for business development, in coordination with relevant Regional and Global Industry Department colleagues, through mapping, industry analysis and client engagement with the objective of building a robust pipeline and including a healthy familiarity with regional portfolio holdings and repeat investment prospects.
• Screen proposals for initial review and preparing or overseeing the preparation of preliminary review with a key focus on overall credit assessment and deal structuring.
• Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
• Lead negotiation/ documentation teams; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in complex transactions
• Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
• Actively manage an assigned portfolio of IFC companies, including monitoring and ensuring compliance with the terms of the investment agreements, preparing timely credit risk assessment reports and equity valuations, tracking and recording the development impacts of projects, and developing and implementing equity sales strategies.
• Act as Client Relationship Manager for key sector clients – including regional and local clients.
• Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
• Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|