Explores and drives the implementation of the project related to process and equipment improvements at Jeddah and Riyadh plants. Prepares cost and benefits analysis, defines objectives, scope of work and deliverables for the same.
Acquires resources and monitors execution, ensuring the projects are delivered on time and their predetermined benefits are achieved to the optimum
Operations Excellence Projects
Identifies the plant improvement projects and steers implementation to ensure that planned objectives are achieved. This includes:
• Manage development projects from beginning to end.
• Develop full scale project plans and associated communication documents.
• Draft and submit Budget proposals for formal approvals and recommend subsequent changes when necessary.
• Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stake holders.
• Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones.
• Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel and equipment from within the company.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Define Project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project cycle.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools to project execution and management.
• Trains operational staff on using operation excellence hardware and waste reduction concepts to improve value added.
Acts as a focal point for all issues related to the Shoplogix and associated performance reporting. It includes:
• Maintains and monitors Shoplogix hard and software installed on filling lines to provide Real-time data of OEE. (Overall equipment Effectiveness).
• Reports plant equipment performance metrics data to the higher management, on regular basis. Also prepares analytical report to track reason of low productivity and suggests solutions to address issues.
• Evaluating performance of production teams and recommending OEE award based on their overall performance.
• Coordinates with Shoplogix for the system developments/amendments
The most important part of the job is to get the projects implemented on the ground through other people who are already committed full to their regular jobs (especially those projects which require a cultural change)
The most difficult/ complex part of the job is to perceive and initiate projects which can ensure a direct positive impact on the P&L.
Creativity is mainly required to perceive the best possible approach to complete the given task/ project with the most optimum cost and resource utilization.
Person contacted Frequency Nature and purpose of contact
Manager Operations Excellence daily Routine status review of ongoing projects & discussion on any new ones.
VP Supply Chain weekly Routine status review of ongoing projects & discussion on any new ones.
Plant manager Bi weekly Progress review of ongoing projects
Production Manager Bi weekly Progress review of ongoing projects
Maintenance Dept. Supervisor daily Progress review of ongoing projects
Technicians Credit notes, discount updates or corrections Progress review of ongoing projects
Projects Personnel As and when required Handover of design for implementation
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OR DECISIONS
Professional activities carried out according to company policies and industry standards – characterized by assignments which have regular, but medium duration targets.
Responsible for own decision making and problem resolution.
The most important decision: This is primarily a consultative role and project financials are decided entirely at the VP and above levels
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Company Industry:||Oil/Gas; Petrochemicals|
|Degree:||Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma|