• To maximize business profitability through the optimization of sales and expenses in our retail outlets.
• To lead the retail division by example and re-establish the shops as the consumers’ destination of choice.
• To protect shareholder assets through the implementation of effective policies, procedures and controls.
• To lead the retail operations team, setting clear objectives for each direct report and metrics for each outlet to achieve.
• To develop detailed monthly budgets and selling plans with the buying departments & marketing and implement these with retail managers.
• To conduct regular (monthly) performance reviews to ensure annual sales performance targets are achieved, implementing rectification plans with Buying & Marketing if sales budgets are missed.
• To act as the conduit for feedback to the buying departments from customers and retail staff regarding product, pricing and promotions.
• To define retail operating standards and ensure that these are achieved consistently across all retail outlets (including window displays, hygiene & customer service).
• To review shop layouts and product proportionality on a regular basis, organizing the relay of departments within the outlets when necessary.
• To liaise with Human Resources to ensure correct staffing schedules are maintained and the appropriate deployment of manpower.
• To develop a comprehensive retail training plan with service standards guides. To subsequently implement Self-Assessment Audits for the guides.
• To ensure that all retail outlets meet legislated Health & Safety requirements and that all staff are aware of their responsibilities and comply with H&S legislation.
• To act as the central contact point for customer feedback and complaints, ensuring that Customer Service is acknowledged to be the core function of all retail staff.
• To develop the scale of the business through the identification of profitable new retail locations.
• To be responsible for landlord relations and lease negotiations, ensuring that the company is perceived to be a ‘preferred tenant’ in all locations.
• To lead the store development program, drafting project schedules and liaising with contractors to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
• To ensure all company policies and procedures are complied with by all staff at all times.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|