MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To take measurements and determine property / work boundaries and to provide data relevant to the shape, location, elevation or dimension of land for Engineering, construction or other purposes.
1. To calculate heights, depths, relative positions, distances, and other characteristics of the terrain to perform a work activity.
2. To compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes and elevations of topographic features.
3. To establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
4. To sketch the path above a surface area, following any excavation work.
5. To prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to certify and assume liability for work performed.
6. To coordinate report findings with engineers and architectural personnel, clients, and others parties involved with the projects.
7. To prepare / supervise preparation of all data, charts, records, etc and to record the results of land surveys and features.
8. To verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at various sites.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Knowledge of Topographic Survey
• Knowledge of Mathematical Calculations
• Analytical skills
• Computer Knowledge
• 10 to 12 years of Work experience as a Land Surveyor preferably in Gulf regions.
|Company Industry:||Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Degree:||Certification / diploma|