JOB PURPOSE / ROLE
To plan, manage and execute all the local and international events, promotion, exhibitions, and sponsorships in Qatar as well as in international markets for the aim of increasing the brand awareness of Qatar Leadership Centre (QCL) in line with the overall business objectives of the company.
– Ensures implementation of all business strategies and plans that are related to event management and that are prepared in conjunction with the communication manager and the director of admin affairs.
– Receive proposals and proactively search for suitable events for sponsorship that will promote and enhance QLC’s name and image as a caring and responsible community member dedicated to identify and prepare the future leaders of Qatar.
– Submits proposals with supporting recommendations to Communication Manager and other related management team members for approval.
– Plan, arrange and supervise all QLC’s promotional exhibitions, attendances at trade shows and program launches including the selection of site venues, designing the stands, providing suitable documents and materials and co-ordinating all associated activities on the day to ensure that all undertaken tasks are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively.
– Develop and gain agreement to short and medium term company events plans and programs. Include the types and occasions that are planned together with accompanying media plans for release at press conferences.
Calendar of Events
– Maintain an updated calendar of events programmed including type of event, date, expected participants, protocol requirements, venues availability, and estimated costs.
– Ensure that mailing lists and invitations to the appropriate event guests are up-to-date and ready
– Ensure that all logistic support (i.e.: hotel bookings, travel, transportation, etc…) and other related requirements associated with the events are being well executed.
Event Set Up and Take Down
– Oversee the coordination of event set-up and take-down, storage and updating of event materials between uses in line with the department’s standard operating procedures.
– Oversee the preparation of a variety of publications, materials and programs for events in conjunction with the communication manager within QLC.
Communication & Networking
– Maintain an extensive network of internal and external contacts in the education and other related industries to ensure that QLC is optimally placed in its understanding of business, economic and commercial challenges and opportunities
MIS & Reports
– Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate departmental MIS statements and reports pertaining to events management in order to meet QLC and department requirements, policies and standards.
– Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the event function systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Degree:||Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma|