Fulltime Regular Position
Location : Dubai – UAE
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Global Distribution and Logistics organization currently has an opening for Distribution Center (DC) Manager based in Dubai. The individual fulfilling this role will report directly to the Global Distribution Director.
Lead and manage the distribution center to steady state across the region(s)
· Work closely with Assembly Maintenance and Overhaul (AMO) Materials Manager to develop inventory plan for assigned Distribution Center,
· Own inventory level development to steady state plan to ensure service level targets are met,
· Work closely with Order Management to ensure inbound and outbound orders are fulfilled in a timely manner by the 3PL provider,
· Work closely MER Logistics Control Tower to ensure efficient and effective transportation to and from the Distribution Center,
· Develop and execute communication strategy and roll-out plans,
· Own develop and execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and policies are utilized and updated as required,
· Identify and implement improvement opportunities and document learnings.
Customer interface with enterprise-wide regional executives and management.
· Lead and own the Distribution Center strategy within the region(s),
· Develop and maintain customer awareness of scope, initiative status, benefits, compliance and related metrics.
· Own success of inventory sweeps
· Serve as the key contact for issue escalation in the region.
Manage Baker Hughes and Supplier performance against established contracts and processes
· Track and report performance relative to initial DC business case, including leveraging DC to achieve overall Regional Inventory reduction
· Track and report inventory across product lines,
· Track and report Supplier performance against established performance measures,
· Regularly review performance with Suppliers and Baker Hughes stakeholders,
· Raise, manage, track and resolve regional issues,
· Serve as the primary contact for regional management,
· Own Provider Contract management.
Coordinate the monthly regional Distribution Center Governance Council meeting which will be led by the Director Global Distribution
Ensure all meeting tasks are handled (i.e. schedule meetings, arranging location and amenities, et al).
Publish meeting minutes and executive summary for use by all council members with their senior leadership.
Research and monitor external environment to identify industry best practices and potential improvement opportunities.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Working knowledge of supply chain operations
Minimum of 7+ years of related work experience, including 5+ years’ experience in logistics, distribution or inventory management
SAP reporting and analytical experience
Contract Management experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Experience of 2 years at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|