The scope of the duties & responsibilities included here are not necessarily limited to those listed below. The duties and responsibilities are subjected to changes depending on the nature of our business and/or your role. You will be advised either verbally and/or in writing of other duties not specified below.
Areas Of Responsibilities
Your main areas of responsibilities are :
1) To support Destination Manager in creation and execution of the Destination’s Contracting Plan and strategies and meeting agreed objectives.
2) Produce and develop relevant local management information and analysis to assist Destination Manager for the management of the FIT business.
Guidelines on the Job Function
General Areas of Focus, which include but not limited to:
• Fully assist the Destination Manager as and when required. Sometimes, this may include assisting the rest of the department in all aspects of contracting.
• You are responsible for the contracting of Jakarta/Bali hotels. You may be also required to assist in hotel contracting for areas outside Jakarta/Bali.
• Negotiating with suppliers to provide:
– Best available rate and special offers – to keep price increase down for general markets or exclusive agents which may be appointed to you in due course
– Maximum base allocation or freesale facility as possible
– Minimum release periods as possible
– All types of product and board
– All types of override, marketing contribution and etc in order to increase GM (gross margin) for FIT business.
– For tactical promotions over low months, concentrating on driving price down and then only value-adds as secondary option.
– Close-out/Stop-sale dates – to minimize the effects of these for online system or/and certain exclusive agents. If latter, it will be as and when requested for assistance by the leisure travel team.
• Negotiating with suppliers to ensure:
• Check rates and fine prints (Terms & Conditions) in every contract received and if found not to be favourable, to re-negotiate to ensure parity conditions.
• Ensures work is responded to within the same 24 hours of receipt or at least an interim reply is sent.
• Gather competitor analysis/market intelligence and report this to the Destination Manager.
• Obtain information on airline movements (for example a new airline that will fly into Jakarta or any other part of Indonesia on a scheduled future so that it could lead to increase business opportunities for us to tap on).
• Report to Destination Manager any ideas that can increase Gross Margin (GM) for FIT business.
• Send weekly report of work done over the week to the Destination Manager.
• Send an email to inform everyone prior going out for appointments. Same with annual leave.
• Work and assist Leisure Travel Division in other offices if required by the Destination Manager. Provide guidance, assistance and share experience with them when necessary to carry out a duty accordingly.
• Plan inspection trips for agents who come on official or unofficial visits. Co-ordinate inspection trips for agents as and when specified by the Destination Manager.
• Meet and greet agents upon arrival as required by Destination Manager. This can be at Airport, the train station or hotel as advised by Destination Manager.
• Accompany agents during hotel inspections or meal as and when advised by the Destination Manager.
• Assist to handle problems or complaints arising from Leisure Travel.
• Handle contracting matters with an agent if required by the Destination Manager. This could be preparing quotations and costing for tour packages.
• Learn to handle new responsibilities in Contracting – Leisure Travel Division if and when advised by the Destination Manager.
• Assist in any other areas outside contracting if and when required by the Leisure Travel Manager.
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|