Deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal users. Also assist in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
• Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
• Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
• Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
The most important part of the job is to understand the tools of the system [ORACLE]
The most Difficult/Complex Part of Job is to trace out mistakes/errors and troubleshoot system issues. [ORACLE]
Persons Contacted Frequency Nature & Purpose of Contact
All End-Users Daily System issues, troubleshooting, and support.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OR DECISIONS
Professional activities carried out according to company policies and industry standards characterized by assignments which have regular, but medium duration targets.
Responsible for own decision making & problem resolution.
The most important decision taken independently is changing the existing operating procedures
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND WORK DIRECTION
Title and Grade of Highest Positions Reporting Directly:
Work Direction (Including contractors)
100 % of time spends on office sitting and using computers.
100 % of time spends at A/C environment.
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Oil/Gas; Petrochemicals|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|