Specialties: Strategy & Strategic Planning; Information Systems; Quality Assurance; Business Process; Practice of Leadership, Management; 'Diagnosing, Evaluating, Designing & Implementing Information Technology and Information Systems'; Management Systems; Negotiation Skills & Behaviors; Business Intelligence & Firm Performance; Knowledge Management; Investment Environment (Stocks, Options, & Bonds).
• Strategy: Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics and ensure the execution flows of the strategic planning; Assure the continued growth and success of the Institute through strategically designing the organization to accomplish its strategic plan; Responsible for creating the strategic culture necessary for the organization to accomplish its strategic objectives; Implement management controls and reporting procedures to ensure that the management team have up to date situational awareness of all core issues and operating data which leads to a better decision making. Creating, communicating, implementing, and sustaining strategic initiatives; Assessing and identify emerging trends and recommending new initiatives to grow the organization; Establishing and cultivating key community, government and organizational relationships;
• Knowledge Management: Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge. Ensure that information and experience is shared inside and outside, as appropriate, the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
• Management Systems: Responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes that will allow QCRI to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
• Financial Management: Provide overall financial oversight, monitoring, and business planning activities.
• Operation: Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and
resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring
of IT systems performance.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and
operating IT systems.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on
economies of scale.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and
educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government,
vendors, and partner organizations.